2017 PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
Regular season standings were used to determine rankings for playoff spots in the round robin.
Home team is responsible for setup for first game of the day or take down on the last game of the day
- Playoff games will be 7 innings
- No new innings after one hour and 45 minutes. Last inning is an open inning.
- Tie games will be ties unless time allows for another inning – 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie.
- The winning teams report scores to the recorder after each game.
- The higher seed is the home team.
- Games will be 7 innings each, the last inning is open.
- In the event of a tie extra innings will be played to establish a winner.
New Final Inning Format
- Run differential will be maxed at 10 runs per game.
- The losing team will always bat first in the final inning, which will be open.
- If after the top half of the last inning they are still losing by more than 10 runs, the game is over
- If the original losing team has taken the lead or reduced the run differential to less than 10, the original leading team will be able to take 7th inning bats but only score enough to finish with a 10 run differential.
Tie Breaker Rule
The following tie-breaking procedure will be applied if teams are tied after the round robin is completed:
- The winner of the game between the teams will be the top team
- Run differential from the playoffs
- Best record from regular season
- If all of this fails a coin toss will determine the seeding.